We are on the lookout for a Back-end Developer, who is passionate about greentech, to join our small and agile team responsible for the development and creation of our innovative climate change mitigation software products. You will be responsible for the server-side web logic, and work to improve current back-end applications and processes.
- Development of Servlet and microservices for the platform.
- Design and implement REST services for the platform.
- Deploy and manage the AWS infrastructure of the platform.
- Create unit and integration tests.
- Cooperate and collaborate with development team and product team on enhancing and improving the product.
- Build integrations into external services.
- Analyse and optimise computation requirement as required.
What skills you will bring
- 3+ years of experience in software development.
- A degree in a relevant area (e.g. computer science, computer engineering, software engineering) with a minimum level of 2nd Class honours (equivalent to a 2:1).
- Passionate about finding ways to tackle the climate crisis.
- Strong skills in software development in Java/J2EE using the object-oriented development methodology.
- Good knowledge in REST-technologies, especially JAX-RS (“Java API for RESTful Web Services”).
- Demonstrable experience in using programming frameworks/technologies such as Spring, DropWizard.
- Good knowledge and experience in AWS, Docker and Kubernetes; knowledge of DevOps is a plus.
- Good user of Confluence, Jira & GitHub.
- Strong demonstrable experience PostgreSQL, Redis, NoSQL databases, Elastic search and ORM technologies.
- Experience in working with Linux and Windows servers.
- Experience of Agile Programming, pairing, and working within a collaborative team.
Climax Community is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We welcome and encourage applicants from all backgrounds and experiences. We do not tolerate discrimination or harassment. At Climax Community, all our hiring decisions are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, and we are committed to creating an inclusive culture that supports and represents our diverse society.
How to Apply
If you're interested, please send your CV and a Cover Letter to firstname.lastname@example.org