Who we are
Climax Community is a Climate Tech start up bringing innovation and state of the art data software to the forefront of society and most importantly, makes it accessible to all. Our platform, Climate Essentials, is helping to create a greener future for generations to come by driving cross-sector collaboration and knowledge sharing. Through Climate Essentials, tangible net-zero pathways are being connected across the public and private sectors and regions across the UK and beyond. We provide innovative solutions to the data gaps and bring coordination to the global challenge of tackling the climate crisis.
Our mission is to empower individuals, households, SMEs and the public sector to take control of their carbon emissions and collectively accelerate carbon reduction on a national and global scale.
What you will do
Having built some initial success in the region, we’re looking for an experienced Business Developer to support the next phase of our exciting start-up, driving commercial growth in Northern Ireland and the Republic of Ireland. The successful candidate will be our first hire in the region and will be supported by the team in England who will regularly visit the region. The Business Development Manager’s sole mission is to successfully establish Climax Community within the region (NI and ROI) and position our solutions as market leaders of business and regional carbon management. You will ensure customer success across all clients, eventually having the opportunity to build a passionate team across the region. You will identify and execute innovative ways to prospect, engage and close new clients, including trade associations and local authorities, whilst also maintaining relationships with existing clients. As Business Development Manager, you will situate yourself solidly within the ecosystem through competent and consistent networking in order to strategically launch the Climate Essentials platform and related programmes. Our ideal candidate will be based in Belfast and report directly to the CEO.
- Identify and create a strategic pipeline of prospective clients and partners throughout NI and ROI
- Manage inbound customer requests, liaising with other teams where relevant.
- Engage with several clients, including trade associations, LEPs, councils and local authorities.
- Build business by negotiating, selling and closing deals with clients
- Actively generate lead opportunities through various communication methods and drive qualified leads into the sales pipeline
- Manage the entire sales cycle from qualifying prospects through to closures, whilst ensuring KPIs and targets are met
- Attend client meetings to understand their requirements, and respond effectively with tailored proposals
- Relay client insight and technological requirements back to senior management
- Provide input on materials and content that showcase our solutions
- Communicate new product developments to prospective clients
- Nurture and build upon existing key client accounts
- Identify new methods and opportunities for sales campaigns
- Conduct ongoing industry research, and attend conferences and industry events
- Contribute towards the planning and execution of strategically developing business and the team within the region
- Travel across Ireland and occasional travel to other parts of the UK will be involved
What skills you will bring
- Educated to degree level (or equivalent) with 5+ years of business development experience in a relevant field
- Ability and desire to work autonomously in a challenging, fast paced environment, taking ownership and accountability for the deliverables and growth of the region
- Excellent customer facing skills, comfortable running client meetings with senior staff, engaging with trade associations and local authorities in the UK
- Solid understanding of the Public sector procurement process
- Experience and/or knowledge of the local authorities’ landscape is preferred
- Well embedded in the local area and community
- Experience in building and leading sales teams is desirable
- Proficiency in CRM software and systems
- Excellent communication and presentation skills including written and verbal with the ability to clearly communicate complex topics to different audiences and formulate compelling proposals
- Strong interpersonal skills and commercial acumen with a gift for persuasion, negotiation and building rapport
- A strategic mindset with solid problem solving skills and and high attention to detail
Salary £38,000 - £42,000 based on experience
To apply, email your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Climax Community is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We welcome and encourage applicants from all backgrounds and experiences. We do not tolerate discrimination or harassment. At Climax Community, all our hiring decisions are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, and we are committed to creating an inclusive culture that supports and represents our diverse society.