Location: Belfast, London, Bournemouth
Under the Climate Change Act, as amended in 2019, the UK government has committed to reaching “Net Zero” by 2050. So how can we as individuals, families and even companies make the necessary changes to achieve such a target?
At Climax Community we are passionate about greentech and are on a mission to empower everyone from individual level through to companies and local authorities to take control of our carbon footprint. To catalyse change, our carbon management platform gives insights into carbon consumption and generates recommendations towards reduction to make evidence-based decisions at local and regional level.
We have an exciting opportunity for a dynamic and driven Head of Software Development to build out a dedicated agile team responsible for designing and developing our innovative climate change mitigation products.
If you have a passion for a more sustainable future, join our community and help us in the fight against climate change.
What you will do:
- Play a critical role in key decision making including choosing the most applicable tech stack and software house initially whilst building out a dedicated, internal development team
- Demonstrate clear and visible leadership to internal / external technical teams
- Supervise and manage the build of our platform from the ground up including daily scrum stand-ups with the chosen software house
- Work with multiple stakeholders including senior management, climate change engineers, product management and 3rd party suppliers to coordinate the technical vision of the product roadmap
- Elicit user requirements and translate to technical specifications to be disseminated to the wider development team
- Establish and manage a backlog of requirements to decide viability.
- Strategically contribute to and embed the vision of the business into decision making to curate a culture driven towards a more sustainable future
What management skills you will have:
- Demonstrable experience contributing to and managing the development lifecycle of complex, large scale platforms from the ground up
- Strong leadership experience, building and leading distributed Agile software development teams
- Strong project management skills to include managing and delivering technical projects from initiation to execution, on-time and within budget
- Excellent organisational and problem solving skills with strong attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal to explain and present technical ideas to multiple audiences
What technical skills you will have:
- Degree in Computer Science, Software Development or related discipline
- Strong understanding of multiple programming languages and associated libraries allowing you to choose the most applicable for the task at hand
- Strong knowledge of database management and design and data structures including PostgreSQL
- Strong knowledge of the SDLC, code reviews and best practices
You will thrive in Climax Community if you are:
- Passionate about sustainability and encouraging a greener future
- A self-starter who isn’t afraid to get their hands dirty
- A true leader who enjoys encouraging future engineers to thrive
Climax Community is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We welcome and encourage applicants from all backgrounds and experiences. We do not tolerate discrimination or harassment. At Climax Community, all our hiring decisions are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, and we are committed to creating an inclusive culture that supports and represents our diverse society.
To apply, please send your CV and cover letter to: