At Climax Community, we are fighting climate change head-on through the power of technology. Founded in 2019, we are a Greentech start-up whose mission is to empower individuals, households, and businesses to drive change and take action in pursuit of a more sustainable world. Our goal is to equip our community with accurate and effective knowledge on the climate crisis, and to drive actions that avoid, reduce, and offset carbon emissions.
With global temperatures on the rise, climate change is having devastating effects on our ecosystems, resources, homes, and lives. To tackle this, we have created accessible and economical tools that incorporate the latest science, policy and pioneering knowledge, to help users actively reduce emissions and achieve carbon neutrality. To reach our goal, we are growing our dedicated, talented, and driven team, to lead the fight towards a sustainable future.
We are on the lookout for an experienced Back-end Developer (Java only), to join our small and agile team responsible for the development and creation of our innovative climate change mitigation software products. You will be responsible for the server-side web logic, and work to improve current back-end applications and processes.
- Plan and implement REST services for our platform
- Create unit and integration tests
- Build integrations into external services
- Cooperate and communicate with the team to build the micro services architecture
- Analyse and optimise computation requirement as required
- 2-3+ years of experience in software development
- A university bachelor degree in computer science or computer engineering with a minimum level of 2nd Class honours (equivalent to a 2:1)
- Passionate about finding ways to tackle the climate crisis
- Strong understanding of systems programming
- Strong skills in software development in Java/J2EE using the object-oriented development methodology
- General knowledge in REST-technologies, especially JAX-RS (“Java API for RESTful Web Services”)
- Experienced user of web application frameworks/technologies such Spring, Jersey, DropWizard
- Good user of Confluence, Jira, Maven, Junit, Mockito
- Good experience in PostgreSQL, Redis, Elastic search, and ORM technologies
- Experience in working with Linux and Windows servers
- Experience of Agile Programming, pairing and working within a collaborative team.
- Experience with network and/or application security is a plus.
How to apply
If interested, please send an email with your CV and a cover letter to: