At Climax Community, we are fighting climate change head-on through the power of technology. Founded in 2019, we are a Greentech start-up whose mission is to empower individuals, households, and businesses to drive change and take action in pursuit of a more sustainable world. Our goal is to equip our community with accurate and effective knowledge on the climate crisis, and to drive actions that avoid, reduce, and offset carbon emissions.
With global temperatures on the rise, climate change is having devastating effects on our ecosystems, resources, homes, and lives. To tackle this, we have created accessible and economical tools that incorporate the latest science, policy and pioneering knowledge, to help users actively reduce emissions and achieve carbon neutrality. To reach our goal, we are growing our dedicated, talented, and driven team, to lead the fight towards a sustainable future.
We are on the lookout for an experienced Front-end Developer to join our small and agile team dedicated to building our innovative climate change mitigation software products. You will help optimise the design and structure of our web applications, to boost functionality and create an effective user experience.
- Developing and enhancing web applications using React
- Collaborating with back-end and product team to improve usability and deliver high-quality, polished UI
- Ensuring and enhancing user experience determined by design choices
- Maintaining brand consistency throughout design
- Building new and improve existing features within our primary customer-facing web applications
- Collaborating and participating in engineering reviews of new and updated designs.
- Suggesting, and contributing to architecture and infrastructure improvements
- 2+ years of commercial experience in user interface design and development using React.js
- A good university degree in relevant area (e.g. computer science) is required with a minimum level of 2nd Class honours (equivalent to a 2:1)
- Passionate about finding ways to tackle the climate crisis
- Experience in HTML5 and CSS3
- Experience in creating and leveraging design guidelines / pattern libraries
- Experience of using wire-framing tools, such as: Moqups, Sketch, and Invision
- Strong attention to detail
- Clear understanding of UX methodologies *
- Strong portfolio demonstrating beautiful, creative, usable, high-quality products
- Experience working in Agile environment
* (Don’t need to be an expert – having good knowledge will be a bonus.)
How to apply
If interested, please send an email with your CV and a cover letter to: