Dynamic and experienced Head of Research and Development wanted for a fast-growing climate change technology start-up.
Climax Community is seeking a Head of Research and Development to work alongside our current team to support the next phase of our exciting start-up. Climax Community was founded with the mission of finding innovative software solutions in order to tackle the climate crisis and it is fundamental that our new hire shares this goal. We are looking for a dynamic individual with experience in the technology development sector. Our Head of R&D should excel in delivering solutions to complex environmental and sustainability problems, technological implementations, and new business delivery.
- Maintain a thorough understanding and support the product development process, both with an eye on the technological development of our products, and understanding the consumer base that they are being designed for.
- Contribute to the R&D Team by providing expert support in sustainability and climate change solutions.
- Identify and confirm market needs for our products, assess current gaps in the market and explore partnership with academics and potential customers.
- Explore business development opportunities and engage with potential partners and clients in order to drive growth.
- Refine the vision for the company and define the overall strategy from commercial launch, with an emphasis on scaling globally.
- Cultivate a high-performing and agile team culture.
- Manage competition and threats in the marketplace, with constant evaluation of the financial structure, capital strategy and strategic objectives.
- Maintain a deep knowledge of the markets and industry of the company.
- Proven track record of technological implementation and business delivery
- Expertise in the climate change and sustainability sector.
- Degree in environment, sustainability, business, or related field.
- Passionate about finding ways to tackle the climate crisis.
- Excellent communication and public speaking/presentation skills.
- Experience in B2C and B2B marketing or a related field and able to build a compelling value proposition and engagement plan.
- Previous experience in designing and managing development roadmaps for online propositions.
- Experience in fundraising beneficial
- An entrepreneurial mindset with good analytical abilities and problem-solving skills.
How to apply
If interested, please send an email with your CV and a cover letter to: